Biotal Plus is a microbial inoculant to aid the preservation of ensiled forages. The product combines a high-specification enzyme formulation and Proprionic acid producing bacteria to give rapid ensiling fermentation minimize shrink, improve forage digestibility, reduce aerobic spoilage and give high intakes.
Biotal inoculants are supplied as a high activity, readily soluble powder concentrate which is dissolved in cool, clean water prior to application. A dry applied formulation is also available.
Click here for more information.
- Fast, efficient fermentation – Biotal inoculants include enzymes to produce sugars to drive the ensiling fermentation, coupled with a highly efficient strain, selected from over 8,000 natural isolates, of the lactic acid producing bacterium Pediococcus pentosaceus. Results:
- silage pH is quickly reduced to stability level
- more dry matter and energy are retained in the silage
- silage is more palatable giving better intakes
- Improved aerobic stability – Biotal also includes the Proprionic acid producing bacterium, Propionibacterium jensenii. Biotal produces increased levels of acetic and Proprionic acids, which inhibit yeasts and moulds respectively. Results:
- less heating at the silage face and in the bunk
- less spoilage
- higher intakes/ less refusals (bunks kept clean)
- more dry matter and energy retained
- Improved silage digestibility – the patented enzyme formulation in Biotal Plus has been designed to break down specific non-cellulose fibre fractions, leaving the cellulose intact and increasing the digestibility of the silage in the rumen. Results:
- higher intakes
- higher feed conversion efficiencies
- higher yields
- 200 Tonne Water Soluble Pack
- 500 Tonne Water Soluble Pack
- 4000 Tonne Water Soluble Pack